Family and Friends Support Group
The focus of the group is on sharing successes and concerns about family members or friends with a developmental disability. Group members do not need to have a connection to an ARC program in order to attend. This group offers peer counseling and training, educational programs, and newsletter.
- Location: ARC of Monroe County, 1000 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY
- Time: Third Wednesdays each month (except January and February), 10 AM-Noon
- Fee: No fee
- Facilitation: Member facilitators
- Eligibility: For individuals with a developmental disability, family or friends
Contact Jody Rowe, 585-256-7330 Ext. 5560, firstname.lastname@example.org
1000 Elmwood Avenue Rochester, NY 14620
Sponsored by: The Arc of Monroe County
Parent Support Group
This group provides support for parents and family members having children with developmental disabilities. It provides open discussion and presenters on relevant topics.
- Location: Continuing Developmental Services, 860 Hard Road, Webster. In the MSC Conference Room
- Time: 10:00 A.M. – Noon. Two Saturdays per month. Call for dates.
- Fee: No fee
- Facilitation: Member and Professional Facilitators
- Eligibility: Must have a child living in the community who is OMRDD eligible. Requires registration.
Shannon Doherty, 585-347-1059,
860 Hard Road Webster, NY 14580
Sponsored by: Continuing Developmental Services