Heartbeats for Life
For heart patients, their families and friends, and those with an interest in preventing heart disease. Holds activities that promote a low-fat and vegetarian diet, combined with exercise, relaxation techniques, stress reduction and social interaction. The focus is on reversing, reducing and preventing heart disease and related illnesses. The group holds share-a-dish meals, three banquets at vegetarian restaurants and a summer picnic in July.
- Location: Monroe County Cooperative Extension, Highland Avenue, Rochester, NY 14620
- Time: 6:30-8:45 PM Second Mondays of the month September-July
- Fee: $4 per session (non-members); $25 single ($30 family) annual membership
- Facilitation: Member facilitation
- Eligibility: For heart patients, their families and friends, but also those who have an interest in preventing heart disease.
Robert F. Klein, M.D., 288-6538,
55 Windemere Road Rochester, NY 14610
Sponsored by: A Dr. Dean Ornish Community